Temporary Certifications Ending July 1, 2021
- After July 1, CTTP will no longer be offering temporary technician certifications. If you need a certification, please register as soon as possible.
- Those who are recertifying will have the option to achieve certification through the Test-Only Option (complete online training, then attend a testing session at CTTP to take written and performance exams). First-time certifications are required to attend the full 2-1/2 day class, taking written and performance exams on the last day.
- The online certification option for NPDES certification will still be available.
CTTP Safety Policies
CTTP is making every effort to re-open safely according to the policies of the University of Arkansas and the Arkansas Department of Health, while providing the same quality training and certification events you deserve. It is very important that attendees review the current policies for attending CTTP one-day testing sessions.
CTTP Temporary Online Certification
Due to the pandemic, there is a significant waiting list for classes, and class size is limited due to social distancing requirements. To avoid a lapse in certification, technicians may pursue temporary certifications by registering for the class waiting list and completing the online modules and quiz. Note that the temporary certification option will be ending July 1, 2021.
- If you were already registered for a canceled session or waiting list, you should have received instructions for the temporary certification option.
- If you need to register for a class (a new certification or a current certification that expires soon), please Register Here.
- When registering for a class waiting list, please enter a comment to let us know whether you prefer the one-day testing session or the full class. These options are explained below.
To extend the temporary certification to the full 5-year certification, technicians must attend an in-person session at CTTP and successfully complete written and performance exams.
- Technicians certifying in Aggregates, Hot Mix, Soils, or Concrete Strength Testing for the first time will be required to complete the full in-person (2-1/2 day) class and pass both the written and performance exams.
- Technicians who are recertifying will be eligible to attend a one-day testing session that includes a written exam and a performance exam.
- The one-day testing session is available to all technicians certifying in Concrete Field Testing.
- The full 5-year certification in NPDES is currently available online.
Looking for ways to prepare employees for CTTP classes? Check out our online training modules.